We are delighted to advertise a Centre Manager role at our centre in Congleton. Could this be you?
Ruby’s is a charity based in Cheshire East. We have over 12 years’ experience of supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), their families and carers. Through our services we support and encourage families to thrive in their own unique way.
We run a busy timetable of sessions at our sensory centre in Congleton 6 days a week. We have also recently reopened our community café for public play sessions and we’re looking for a friendly and enthusiastic centre manager who shares our passion for supporting children and their families and has the experience to manage and develop the high-quality centre service our centre is known for.
Job Title: Centre Manager
Responsible to: Charity Founder
Hours: 30 – 37.5 hours per week to include one Saturday per month and occasional evenings
Salary: £15ph subject to satisfactory probationary period
DBS Check required: Enhanced with Barring List update
Qualifications: Relevant to this role
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a management role
What we can offer you:
- A team who are passionate to make a difference to children and their families
- The opportunity to make your mark upon Ruby’s and to support the Charity Founder/CEO to help the take the charity to their next chapter
- Annual leave entitlement 36 days including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Mileage allowance
The sensitive support that we provide at Ruby’s requires a caring environment, and to help us uphold this we have created a set of values that underpins everything that we do. We use our values to help us to measure the impact we make as individuals and as an organisation
- Kindness – we treat others and ourselves with dignity and care
- Accountability – we understand our roles and responsibilities and deliver on expectations
- Inclusivity – we are welcoming and fair
- Creativity – we want to inspire and be inspired
- The post holder will manage the centre and be responsible for timetable and events planning, day to day running and the continued development and maintenance of the centre and it’s facilities
- The post holder will support volunteers with roles within the centre to ensure they gain confidence and enhance life skills whilst working towards a national volunteer’s accreditation award.
Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the general day to day running and maintenance of the centre & facilities
- Primary keyholder for the centre including being an emergency contact for alarm
- Responsible for health & safety in the centre and the maintenance of the building and equipment to ensure staff, volunteer, and centre user safety
- Reception management: including management of reception rota, duties – till, sales, phone calls, signposting using website
- Responsible for agreed budgets management and monitoring to include ordering and stocktaking
- Shop management including stock management, sales monitoring, and completion of gift aid spreadsheet
- Timetable planning including website content, ticket tailor management, social media for promotions of sessions
- Event planning – to increase footfall
- Contribute to charity KPI’s
- Data collection via customer satisfaction surveys
- Represent Ruby’s at external events in a professional manner
- Support the Fundraising Coordinator with events at the centre
- Responsible for managing staff rota, shifts and session planning as required.
- Ensure that the agreed high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time-to-time by the Senior Management Team and Board.
- To report back to the SMT as required with the information relating to quality of provision and anything deemed necessary
- Fulfil management duties including marketing, quality improvement and administration duties to include reporting, rota, and personnel records.
- Support the SMT with data gathering and reporting
- Ensure all centre and outreach sessions are planned, staffed, and fully prepared in advance of the session
- Promote services and session on display boards
- Follow all relevant Acts including the Equality Act 2010 and GDPR that relate to data management, staff employment and record keeping
Health and Safety
- Be responsible for Health and Safety in the workplace
- Ensure a weekly fire alarm check is performed, equipment is checked and documented accordingly
- Overseeing the efficient upkeep and maintenance of the centre including, café, soft play, sensory garden, and toilets including stock and equipment, furnishings, and fittings
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are always followed
- Be part of the management team that is responsible for the safeguarding of centre users at all times
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented and always followed
- Supervise and support all members of the centre team (or staff that do reception duties) in their day-to-day duties’ induction, appraisals and reviews, training and development, individual supervisions, and discipline
- Ensure centre staff are fulfilling their duties within their job descriptions and contracts
- Co-ordinate and lead monthly centre meetings, including agenda and minutes
- Lead session briefings, delegating tasks and workload for the day
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of the day to day running of the centre, and café staff
- Ensure all centre volunteers are recruited as per volunteer policy
- Ensure volunteers are suitably trained for their posts and are fulfilling their duties within their role descriptions
- Professional, reliable, positive, and proactive
- Be highly organised and great with time management skills
- Committed to developing their skills and knowledge
- Be approachable to staff, volunteers making sure they feel valued and empowered
- Be approachable and helpful to all centre users
- Have some experience supporting children, young people, and families
- Have skills to manage, organise and co-ordinate staff and volunteers
- Motivated and inspirational in their practice, able to disseminate this knowledge to others
- Hold a first aid in the workplace certificate or be willing to undertake training
- Be competent in IT skills, including TEAMS, Xcel and Word
- Be willing to complete any training courses that are required for this post
An Enhanced DBS check is required.
This is a permanent, role for 30-37.5 hours per week. It includes one Saturday per month and the occasional evening event.
For more information please email: email@example.com
Closing date: 4th August 2023