A Parent Carer or guardian is someone who provides support to their child or young person, who could not manage without their help. This care could be due to the child or young person have additional needs, which is often called a special educational need or disability (SEND).

As a parent of a child with a disability or long-term illness, life can be incredibly demanding. You may find that you spend so much time fighting for the right support for your child, that your own physical and mental wellbeing is forgotten. Reaching out for support is not always easy, so simply being on this page is a step in the right direction. 

Here you will be able to find the right information, advice and specialist services who can support you and your family to achieve the best possible outcome. It may be some light touch support or more intense support, there is something to help everyone. 

A great place to start is by registering with Ruby’s Fund Thriving Families team. Its free and once you are registered you can access a range of free support and services tailored to your needs. 

Please take a look at the information available to Parent Carers and how to get in touch. 

Support from Ruby’s Fund includes:

To find out how we can help

Phone: 01260 277666

For general enquiries contact us here

To register with the Thriving Families team fill out the online form here