We are delighted to announce the launch of our new befriending project. This is a grant funded project.
DO YOU HAVE A CHILD WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS?
* Are you putting on a brave face?
* Do you get out of the house less than you would like to?
* Are you struggling to cope as a family unit?
* Do you see family and friends less than you would like to?
* Do you often feel sad, frustrated, isolated or that no one understands?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the questions above then we may be able to help. Our befriending volunteers can come out to provide a friendly ear and help get you back on track.
If you or anyone you know would benefit from this befriending service please speak to the Befriending Co-ordinator
CAN YOU HELP A CHILD WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS AND THEIR FAMILY?
We are looking for volunteers to make a positive difference to the life and wellbeing of local families who have a child with additional needs. Some of the families we support feel vulnerable, sad, often isolated and need some help to engage with the local community again.
No experience is needed as full training will be given. We’re simply looking for extra special people who:
- Are responsible, trustworthy, reliable, compassionate and caring
- Have a good sense of humour
- Can commit 2 hours each week
- Are willing to be DBS checked and provide 2 references
WITH YOUR HELP WE CAN DO MORE TO IMPROVE LIVES IN OUR COMMUNITY.
Contact our Befriending Co-ordinator: Jill Carsberg
Tel: 01260 277666