The purpose of Ruby’s Fund is to run an inclusive sensory centre and social café for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities, and their families, carers and friends to provide a safe stimulating environment giving individuals and groups the chance to explore and develop in an inclusive setting which is also ideal for therapy, relaxation, education and most importantly friendship and fun.
- To meet the needs of local children and adults with additional needs by working along side National & Local Government policies and targets
- To provide a much needed safe environment where those with additional needs can play and develop in a space designed around their needs.
- To enable the client to be physically active, make positive choices and socialise with others, thus promoting physical and emotional health.
- To provide clients with an environment where they will be able to make positive relationships with their peers, and learn not to bully or discriminate.
- To furnish clients with the key skills needed to work effectively with each other and care for the environment that they are in.
- To provide an environment where children and adults with additional needs will be encouraged to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- To encourage leadership and problem solving skills in order to maximise all our client”s chances of future employment.